How to Cut Tree Limbs Over House: Getting the basic knowledge about the trimming and pruning may help you to b able to handle even the most difficult aspect of this kind of work all by yourself. We have been able to compile in this short piece, different techniques, and tools that will enable you to bring down high tree limbs safely.
Basic Tree Trimming and Pruning Tips
There is a lot of information about how to cut high tree limbs and still make the tree remain in excellent shape without killing or disfiguring it. With the appropriate orientation and right tools, you can bring down your high tree limbs so as to maintain their health and appearance and be able to remove bad branches that might be hazardous to the surroundings.
- It is advisable that a tree limb should be mostly cut down during when it is in its dormant season. Though you can try cutting down a tree limb at any time of the year it is quite safe to do so when it is in its dormant season. But when the limb is dangerous, it can be cut off almost immediately notify mind if it’s in its dormant season or not.
- Be mindful of the size of the tree limb that you want to cut down. If the tree limb is below 5 centimeters in diameter you can safely cut it down. If it is just between 5 to 10 centimeters in diameter it might not be right to cut it down. When it is more than 10 centimeters in diameter, you can only bring down that limb only with a good cause.
- Be cautious to always cut down branches that have narrow angles, V-shaped and are weak. Tree limbs with U-shape should be left alone.
- Any lateral tree limb should be between one-half to three-quarters the diameter of the tree stem just at the point of attachment. Any other than this should be brought down.
- When you have eventually cut down the tree limb, the ratio of the living crown to tree heights should just be two-thirds.
- Do your best to cut down only young tree limbs. This is because they’re very easy to manage at their tender age and also to avoid awful scars.
- A long tree or very close tree limb should not be cut down. Never leave a huge stub and don’t remove the collar.
Some Tree Limbs Saw Tools List
1. Footprint 256 Saw 350Mm
The Footprint 256 Saw is generally utilized for bringing down tenon joints from trees and other kinds of tree limbs. It is made from a high-quality spring alloy steel, the saw blade can be sharpened as many times as needed. The saw blade is well arranged to give a clean cut. The heavy-duty brass at its back provides huge support and strength to the blade offering it a relaxing cutting feel. This saw handle is made lacquered beechwood.
Features of the Footprint 256 Saw
- Good and strong blades
- Made from one of the best materials available; quality alloy steel
- Strong handle for comfortable cutting
Our opinion about the Footprint 256 Saw
This product is made it on our list. This is to confirm to you that our researchers have seen the outstanding features and benefits of this rugged tool. It is going to be a very good tool to have in case of when you want to it down a high tree limb for any reason.
Make your purchase
We highly recommend the Footprint 256 Saw. It’s needed in every home for this function. It is our duty to make sure you get something that worth your cash without wasting your time and energy. We hope this tool meets up to your requirements. You can get more information about the Footprint 256 Saw and place your order.
This is another great tool for bringing down high tree limbs without stress. The Jameson LS-6PKG-6 Pole Saw has great features needed in a saw for a successful cutting. It has a landscape package that contains tools to take care of tree trimming works. One lovely feature about this product is that is can be combined with any length of the pole in case of high tree limbs. Also, it has a good set of a hard cutting edge.
Features of the Jameson LS-6PKG-6 Pole Saw
- It features a 3 pole system for cutting tree limbs at a variety of heights
- It is made with a sharp 16-inch barracuda tri-cut saw blade for faster and smart cuts
- It has an Aluminum ferrule and a secured locking system
- It can reach as high as 18 inches from the user; 6-foot extension pole, 6-foot base pole and 6-foot extension pole with saw head.
Our opinion about the Jameson LS-6PKG-6 Pole Saw
The allowance for a pole combination to add to its length is a good feature to make any go for the Jameson LS-6PKG-6 Pole Saw. It’s economical and does exactly what you want it to do. So it’s a big thumbs up. List out your requirements and what you need we are so sure this tool will satisfy you.
Make your purchase
Without much ado, we are so sure this will take care of all high tree limbs around you. Go for comfort and safety. Contact a trustworthy seller and make sure your hard earned cash is not wasted on a bad product. Go online to place your order on the Jameson LS-6PKG-6 Pole Saw.
The Hooyman Extendable Tree Sawis available in various sizes. This tool for cutting high tree limbs is over 10 foot and very effective. It can cut a tree limb just by detaching its extendable attachment. This tool is manufactured for easy carriage and can cut any kind or tree limb just as perfect as you want it. With the Hooyman saw feel relax and all your cuttings have been made easy.
Features of the Hooyman Extendable Tree Saw
- It can extend up to 10 feet and even an extra length of 28 inches
- It is made from high carbon SK5 steel and a hardened 4-edged tooth, these are constructed for a long time cutting
- It has an easy carrying handle and a locking extension system that is able to collapse the pole, making it easy to use
- Versatility is a unique feature in this tool, it enables the folding saw to slide into the extension arm just when a pole is needed and slide back when a saw is needed
Our opinion about the Hooyman Extendable Tree Saw
The Hooyman Extendable Tree Saw is a good one that is most of all made with safety consciousness. The ability to cut a tree limb without having to climb is a good one because not everyone can climb – to avoid a terrible fall. Use this tool to cut down any high tree limb. It’s highly selected and recommended for anyone.
Make your purchase
We can beat our chest about this product knowing full well about its usefulness and versatility. You can make your order on this product, the Hooyman Extendable Tree Saw online. Shop safely.
The Fiskars 7-14 Extendable Pole Saw is yet another special tool for cutting down tall tree limbs and its usefulness cannot be overemphasized. With this tool, high tree branches are just within your reach because of its extendable pole saw. It is two different cutting options and can extend up to 14 feet. It has a unique power level system that allows it to boost its leverage and give up to double more synergy than the normal designs. It fits conveniently into the hand. It has a double locking mechanism that helps the pole to stay strong while extended. It has the power to cut branches as thick as 1-1/8 inch.
Features of the Fiskars 7-14 Extendable Pole Saw
- It has an extendable oval shaped pole that minimizes flex when extending making you be in total control of the cut
- Powerful woodzig saw that is able to cut down large and small tree limbs with its power-boosting mechanism
- It’s with an advanced double locking panel that is combined with a flip lock and innerspring button lock that makes sure the extended pole is steady
Our opinion about the Fiskars 7-14 Extendable Pole Saw
Checking at all the listed features of this product, you should be able to know that it’s a suitable one for cutting any tree limb. The search has been done for you. Get along and start using the best available tool for your tree limbs.
Make your purchase
Without fear nor worries you can go on and place your order. We have trusted sellers for the Fiskars 7-14 Extendable Pole Saw. Grab yours now.
This is a perfect fit handy saw, the WilFiks 16” Pro Hand Saw is constructed for accurate cutting which includes dovetails, tenons, and miters. The sharpness of its blade can stay longer up to 5 times the traditional blades available. It is made with a super grip handle that never allows any chance of it slipping from the hand. It has speed and power to cut even up to 50% faster than the traditional hand saws.
Features of the WilFiks 16” Pro Hand Saw
- It has a 16 inch Pro hand saw coupled with a TPI carbon steel blade for steady control
- Easy to use and can easily cut through several materials such as pipe, plastic, wood, plywood, wallboard etc.
- It has a 3-face cutting edge that can cut as fast as 50% faster than some other handsaws. It’s cut with just a push and pull stroke style
- It possesses a super grip handle that resists it from slipping and soft on the palm. With a superior cutting edge
- Its blade or teeth stay sharp up to 5 times than other kinds of handsaws giving it a durable construction
Our opinion about the WilFiks 16” Pro Hand Saw
The WilFiks 16” Pro Hand Saw is another tool we have made deep research on, got many customers’ review and comments about it. It’s a portable handy tool that can be used for cutting tree limbs with its powerful blade.
Make your purchase
Yes! This is a good tree limb cutting tool on our list and we highly recommend that every home should get this because of its multi-purpose abilities. We are vehemently sure that this will meet up to your needed requirements. So do you want to place your order now? Check the WilFiks 16” Pro Hand Saw online today!
Reasons to cut down a tree limb
Generally, tree limbs are brought down for just one of the following 3 reasons: for health, safety or aesthetic reasons.
- Aesthetics – cutting a tree branch or limb can help to keep it in good shape and lovely appearance. But just try not to force an unusual shape or size on a tree. Cutting down tree limbs for this purpose should be checked if not it can lead to huge damage.
- Safety – It a usual that dead or broken tree limbs can fall unexpectedly, and this is a threat to human safety. Once you notice that a tree limb is obstructing your vision, especially when driving, it should be cut off immediately. In most cases, tree limbs grow very high getting too close to utility lines. You can contact the utility management to handle any delicate issue.
- Health – A tree that is infected can be saved by cutting off the infected limbs. To improve airflow, the crown of the tree can be thinned, this is very essential and profiting. If tree limbs are crossing or rubbing against each other, they should be cut down to prevent them from falling without expecting
Outstanding features of good tools for cutting down high tree limbs
Are you are planning to buy a tool for cutting down high tree limbs? Look out for the following bulleted features before taking a step to place an order.
- Sharp and Strong Blades: check out for saws with sharp and strong blades especially those made from high carbon steel or quality alloy steel.
- Durable and Portable: Since this would be for your personal use, make sure the saw is just what you can handle conveniently.
- Extendable Attachment: if you are dealing with a high tree limb, make sure the saw you want to buy has an extendable pole or attachments to enable you to reach where the part you want to cut
- Safety: In all consider safety first. Make sure the saw has a safety button for locking and making the pole stay in its place.
Nevertheless, making use of the right tool is also necessary to cut down high tree limbs. Below is a list of our top 5 most trusted tool that can be used to cut down that high tree limb in your yard or field. Note that a combination of the right tool and knowledge of how to bring down high tree limbs will guide you to successfully cut down high tree limbs.
Final talk about how to cut down tree limbs that are too high
We have finally reached the end of this piece but we just can’t round it up without letting you know our final thoughts about cutting a tree limb that is too high above your reach. If you know you can’t handle the cutting try to hire a professional to do it, so as to avoid any hazard. Furthermore, if you are not a good climber don’t try climbing up a tree. Take good precautions before thinking about cutting a tree limb just and make sure you always cut it right to avoid ugly looking trees in your yard or environment. Remember, safety first!