Shark is one of the top leading brands in the world which makes amazing electronic appliances for people who have little time to take care of their home. Nowadays, people have seldom time for themselves, the hustle and bustle of the world has made it difficult for us to take care of our home and our surroundings. Things like having a day for ourselves is like a dream.
To make things easier, appliances like vacuum have made it easier for us to clean the room in a matter of minutes. With the advancement of modern technology, vacuums are multi functional and comes in various shapes and sizes. They have made things drastically easy for us to clean and take care of.
Shark is a brand that makes the most amazing appliances with using cutting edge technology. They provide vacuums of different functioning and sizes to better suit your needs. Shark vacuum are great for hardwood floors. Their vacuums range from cordless, upright, handheld, robot and corded stick vacuums.
Let’s discuss some of the best among their wide range of vacuums from their collection and see their unique features and their pros and cons.
- Best Shark Vacuum for Hardwood Floors – Comparison
- 1. Shark Rotator Powered
- 2. Shark Rotator Professional
- 3. Shark DuoClean Powered
- 4. Shark Navigator Lift-Away
- 5. Shark Rocket DuoClean
- 6. Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum
- 7. Shark DuoClean vacuum
- 8. Shark Navigator DLX Vacuum
- 9. Shark APEX Upright Vacuum
- 10. Shark Rotator Vacuum
- 11. Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum for Carpet
- Buying Guide for Best Shark Vacuum For Hardwood Floors
Best Shark Vacuum for Hardwood Floors – Comparison
|Top Pick Shark Vacuum||Grade||Price|
|Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum||A+ (Top Pick)||Check Price|
|Shark DuoClean vacuum||A+ (Editor Choice)||Check Price|
|Shark Navigator DLX Vacuum||A+ (Best Seller) ||Check Price|
|Shark APEX Upright Vacuum||A+||Check Price|
|Shark Rotator Powered Vacuum||A+||Check Price|
|Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum for Carpet||A+||Check Price|
1. Shark Rotator Powered
Key Features of the Shark Rotator Powered
- Made with an Anti-Allergen Complete Seal innovation
- Comes with a Pet-Multi Tool and a powerful TruePet Motorized Brush
- Fast and easy emptying
- 3-in-1 vacuum
- Active Swivel Steering
In continuation of the best, Shark Vacuum Hardwood floor is the Shark Rotator Powered. The Shark Rotator Powered has a 2-in-1 Powered Lift-Away feature. It is an upright and detachable canister vacuum for easy cleaning. The Powered Lift-Away technology activates at the touch of a button placed where it can be easily reached. This feature allows it to make deep clean and reach the unreachable zones.
The power keeps the brush roll to keep spinning for a bright cleaning. Its swivel is advanced and with bright and powerful headlights. The HEPA filter is active for catching allergens and dust. It has an easy power control just at the reach of the fingertip. There is a smooth transition between cleaning hard floors and carpets. This could be a special cleaner for pet owners. Great for all kinds of surfaces. Because of its multiple modes, users fully rest assured that the Shark Rotator Powered can give its best performance when needed.
- The brush tool is excellent at picking pets’ hair that is deep down the carpet.
- The headlights make cleaning tremendous and work best in dark areas such as under the furniture and beds.
- For individuals with allergies, this is a special cleaner for them. A complete seal system that gives out only HEPA clean air.
- Though the vacuum cleaner is lightweight, the power it produces is too far beyond its look.
- With the dynamic swivel steering, one can quickly move the vacuum cleaner even up to unreachable spots
- It has a switch that controls the vacuum making it very enjoyable.
- It is heavy to move around.
- In the Lift-Away mode, the machine can tip over easily.
2. Shark Rotator Professional
Key Features of Shark Rotator Professional
- Strong and powerful suction for hard floors and carpets
- Has a quiet operation
- Long cord to reach reasonable distance
- It can never lose suction
- Quality tools attachments to make cleaning easier.
- Swivel steering for easy maneuverability
- HEPA filtration for clearing the air.
- 3-in-1 Lift-Away Innovation
As said earlier, the Shark vacuum is simply the best in the market. The next on our list of best shark vacuum cleaner for a hardwood floor is the Shark Rotator Professional, also known as Shark rotator pro three vacuums in 1. Amongst all other vacuum made with the Lift-Away feature, the Shark Rotator Professional remains the best.
This vacuum cleaner can be easily separated from the dirt cup and motor so that it can be used as a portable vacuum cleaner. This vacuum cleaner is one of the best vacuums for giving upholstery and stairs an excellent clean. The hose and other attachments make it easy to clean even in tight spots. It can also be used as a Canister vacuum by placing the Pod on the added roller Caddy. The Quick-Release Wand features make it very easy to have excellent clean on bare floors.
- 3-in-1 vacuum cleaner makes it more useful than most vacuum cleaners.
- The ultra-quiet operation makes it environment-friendly.
- It has an ergonomic handle that makes it very convenient to handle without any form of blisters on the hand.
- The amount used for purchasing this vacuum cleaner is not equal to its quality.
- It does not have an auto rewind cord feature.
- It topples over too easily when utilizing the attachments and flex hose.
- One needs to make more passes on a particular area because of the small head on the vacuum cleaner.
3. Shark DuoClean Powered
Key Features of the Shark DuoClean Powered
- Bright LED lights.
- Constructed with a DuoClean to help get in bigger specks of dirt.
- It is made with an anti-allergen seal technology plus HEPA filtration.
- This is the latest Shark upright.
- Lift mode is made for cleaning surfaces above the floor such as staircases, upholstery, etc.
- Ability to extend its reach with the help of the Power Lift-Away.
This is the first vacuum on our list of best shark vacuum for hardwood floors. It is one of the best produced by the shark company. Several qualities have made it feature on our list. This vacuum cleaner is the first to introduce a LIFT system that comprises of a separate bin and a frame to stretch out the vacuum cleaner.
The Power Lift is constructed in a way that the vacuum cleaner can function as both a canister and upright vacuum cleaner. Though, the hose is connected to the floor tool. The manufacturer well equips the Shark DuoClean Powered. It also has a DuoClean system that blends both a bristle brush and a soft head roller for effective cleaning. The latest powerful features are combined on this Shark DuoClean Powered.
The dual brush system gives it the more upper hand when it is compared with other kinds of vacuum cleaners. One lovely thing is that it works flawlessly on both hardwood floors and carpet. Also, it can remove a large chunk of debris in a few minutes. This feature makes it stands out to be the best out of other vacuum cleaner and hence on our list of best shark vacuum hardwood. It cleans out allergen with its HEPA filtration system.
- It has a good impact when compared to its sister product; the Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away
- It is a multi-purpose vacuum.
- The HEPA filtration system is yes.
- Get large debris out of the way
- The DuoClean brush gives it a very high agitation on any hardwood floor it is used.
- It has a small dirt bin.
- It is expensive to purchase
Key Features of Shark Navigator Lift-Away
- Steady suction power.
- Swift Swivel Steering.
- Easy maneuverability.
- Built-in Anti-allergen Complete Seal innovation.
- Ability to work on any surface.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away is the fifth-best Shark vacuum for hardwood floor on our list. It is a lightweight 2-in-1 Lift-Away upright vacuum. Shark Navigator Lift-Away is a detachable canister that is recommended for a portable cleaning effect.
Just at the touch of a button, the Lift-Away system gently lifts the canister away to far places that are not reachable. This lovely vacuum cleaner is manufactured with a sealed system and a HEPA filter made to trap allergens and dust. The brush roll system features to make it very easy to change from bare floor to carpeted area.
Furthermore, the Hard Floor Hero attachment is designed to collect particles and dirt from any surface it is used on. Both on hard floors and carpeted areas, the Shark Navigator Lift-Away gives a thorough cleaning. It is excellent at not losing its suction power. This feature allows deep cleaning in just one movement.
One advantage of the Shark Navigator Lift-Away is that it is a giant size vacuum cleaner with a canister that makes the machine suitable for multi-purpose work. If you are a pet owner and there are pet hair littered all over your carpet, the Shark Navigator Lift-Away can pick them all up and leave your carpet as clean as new.
- This is a lightweight vacuum.
- It can sustain its suction power.
- It can work effectively on both the hardwood floor and carpeted area.
- The cleaner has an anti-allergen filtration in it.
- The battery can take a more extended period to charge.
5. Shark Rocket DuoClean
Key Features of Shark Rocket DuoClean
- It is a detachable handheld vacuum.
- Easy to carry and lightweight.
- It features a motorized Pet Tool
- Bright LED lights
- Long cord (30 feet)
- Bagless system
- Strong Duoclean Brushroll
- Smart Triple Cleaning system
- Swivel wheels for easy maneuverability
This is another Shark product that needs to be discussed here on our list of Best Shark Vacuum for Hardwood. One thing that should be noted about the Shark vacuum cleaners is that they are all made with excellent features. These features make them stand out amongst other kinds of vacuum cleaners for hardwood floor.
The Shark Rocket is manufactured with a DuoClean technology that makes the two brushes work in unison to remove both small, medium and big dirt from carpets and hardwood floors. It is an upright and ultra-lightweight vacuum cleaner. Most conveniently, this vacuum cleaner can be converted into a handheld vacuum. It is a multi-purpose vacuum cleaner, being able to clean from floor to the ceiling.
The vacuum holds a powerful LED light around its nozzle region. The brush roll can be easily cleaned after usage. It can also suck out pet’s hair that is gone deep into the carpet with its bristle brush feature. The soft brush can pull in more significant dirt and give the floor or any surface the vacuum is used on a polished look. Shark Rocket DuoClean can be carried to any area of the house without having backaches because of its lightweight. Using this vacuum cleaner can get you the best and polished floor you ever think.
- It has a very long cord
- The weight is very light
- Ability to clean large and small dirt from any surface it is used on
- Cleaning made easy without any backache
- The cleaner head can get into closed spots because of the swivel features.
- It has a smooth switching from carpet to hard floor
- The dust cup does not have a filter
- Can’t work correctly on floors that are not smooth
– with Lift-Away, Zero-M Anti-Hair Wrap Technology
This powerful upright vacuum cleaner is a pro at cleaning carpets and floor and also cleans itself. Now you don’t have to worry about cleaning the filter again and again after every cleaning. If you are a pet owner and have trouble with hairs everywhere on your couch and bed, then this the vacuum for you, it has Zero-M self cleaning brushroll that is excellent in removing hairs from every surface. It is the best shark vacuum for hardwood floors.
It is also immensely easy to use and handle and portable in nature too. Their upright vacuum can be switched to lift away mode by removing the canister. The lift away mode helps in vacuuming areas above the surface of the floor and carpet. They also have swivel steering that allows you to easily move the vacuum from place to place and even reach hard and tiny corner places. They are also light weight in nature and can easily be lifted up and carried around.
With this vacuum, you don’t have to worry about dust and allergens getting away unnoticed. They have a high grade HEPA filter and a complete seal anti-allergen technology that traps the dust inside.
- Has two cleaning options; Upright vacuum with lift away feature that allows you to clean above floor surfaces.
- Easy to use and handle and reach hard places.
- Self cleaning brushroll.
- Excellent in cleaning up hairs.
- Extremely light weight and easy to carry around.
- Has a HEPA filter and an anti-allergen complete seal technology.
- Swivel steering makes it easy to navigate.
- Doesn’t remove hair effectively.
- Not easy to reach tiny places.
7. Shark DuoClean vacuum
– Powered Lift-Away, Standard, Cinnamon
Best Shark vacuum for hardwood floors and carpet. This vacuum comes with a feature of DuoClean. This technology contain two types of brushes; a bristle brush that is used to clean carpets perfectly and a soft brushroll that is use to clean and vacuum large particles of dust and debris, so that your carpet will be shining once it passes through this vacuum.
It has a lift away technology that enables you to life the canister from the floor and be able to clean surface or areas that are above the floor or are hard to reach. The lift away technology doesn’t make the two brushes stop spinning at all and you can clean any surface with the same perfection.
It is not useful for carpets only but work for floors as well. Its HEPA filter and anti allergen complete seal technology will leave no dust behind, be it small or large. It is easy to move around as well and control too with its on and off options. You can easily switch from carpet to floor mode in a matter of seconds.
Its bottom is also provided with highly powered LED lights so that you leave no debris and dust unnoticed. With its steer swiveling, you don’t have to worry about any dust outsmarting you.
- It has DuoClean feature which consist of two brushrolls; one soft and the other bristle.
- It can tackle dust and debris from both carpets and floors.
- The lift away technology allows you to remove the canister and clean any above surface.
- HEPA filter and anti allergen complete seal technology.
- Steer swiveling option allows you to move it easily and with the help of LED lights, no dust will go unnoticed.
- Several complaints of motor failing after one use.
- No warranty.
– Upright Vacuum in Gold/Silver
I guess it is safe to say that we all are extremely dust cautious and just a simple vacuum doesn’t cut it anymore. Well, behold this vacuum that contains a HEPA filter and an anti allergen complete seal technology that removes up to 99.9% of the dust and debris.
With its extra large capacity, you don’t have to worry about cleaning out the dust cup again and again. Now don’t be scared of its large size, it is made with such material that makes it light weight and easy to handle and even lift up, so that cleaning is a breeze.
Now clean with no interruption with its extended capacity and have fun while cleaning with tis swivel steer feature that lets you have complete control over the appliance and helps in better cleaning. This Shark vacuum is versatile in nature and is great for hardwood floors and carpets.
- Contains HEPA filter.
- Anti allergen complete seal technology.
- Cleaning covers both bare floors and carpet.
- Extra large capacity allows cleaning with no interruption.
- Dust cup is 3 times larger than ordinary.
- Removes 99.9% of dust and debris.
- Cord is long and flexible.
- Strong suction power.
- Extremely loud.
- The cord is a little too flexible.
9. Shark APEX Upright Vacuum
– with DuoClean for Carpet and HardFloor Cleaning
Calling all pet owners! This vacuum right here with its Zero-M anti hair wrap technology removes and clears away all hairs, be it short or long, from all types of surfaces. The Zero-M removes hair from the brushroll effectively and without any hassle.
This is a multi purpose vacuum that contain not only one but 3 types of technologies. It also contains lift away technology that helps you to remove the canister attachment and clean surfaces above the floor. It also has DuoClean technology that has 2 brushrolls, that help in removing small as well as large particles and gives your floor an extremely polished look that you can’t achieve from other ordinary vacuum cleaners.
For those hard to reach places, all you need to do is remove the canister and now it is easy to go under tiny places. Like all Shark’s vacuum, it contains HEPA filter and anti allergen complete seal technology.
Shark vacuum for hardwood floors and carpet has three cleaning modes; lift away mode, above floor mode and upright mode. Another upright vacuum review.
● DuoClean technology that tackles small and large particles.
● Zero-M Technology cleans the hair from the brushrolls.
● Lift away feature and upright option.
● Amazing suction power.
● Detachable canister.
● Roller wheels are smooth and easy to push and pull.
- Zero – M technology not so effective.
- Performance lasts only 3 months.
10. Shark Rotator Vacuum
– Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum for Carpet and
If we are talking about floor to ceiling cleaning, then the only Shark vacuum for hardwood floor and carpet that has the ability to cover all this large place is the rotator lift away vacuum. This is ideal when you have a lot of ground to cover. Its light weight material and versatility has made it extremely easy for us to use it and handle it for multi purpose tasks.
With its easy fingertip controls, you don’t have to worry about switching from one mode to another. And this vacuum is extremely powerful and has multiple modes to better suit your needs. The first is the upright mode that helps you to navigate easily with its swivel steering and to reach those places which you normally can’t with a vacuum. The second is the lift away mode, that allows you to remove the canister and reach tiny places like under the bed and couch without compromising on the motor power. It also has an above floor mode that allows you to remove the handle and reach the ceiling easily, as all the heavy parts have been removed.
With its high powered motor, you can remove all types of dust, allergens and debris from any fabric like carpet or cushions or even on the bed. Fingertip controls, LED lights in the front and swivel steering are just some of the things that make it as perfect as it is.
- Multi purpose vacuum cleaner.
- Consist of 4 cleaning modes; upright mode, lift away mode, above floor mode and pet power mode.
- Removes dust, allergens and debris from fabrics and upholstery.
- Consist of LED lights and fingertip control.
- Swivel steering allows for better maneuvering.
- Large dust cup capacity.
- HEPA filter and anti allergen complete seal technology.
● Takes effort to be maneuvered.
● Heavy weight.
● Cord is short.
– Upgrfor Carpet and Hard Floor with Lift-Away
This vacuum consists of a powerful motor that is extremely light weight as well as versatile in its nature. Shark vacuum is for both hardwood floor and carpet. It can be used to tackle all types of dust and allergens with the help of its HEPA filter and anti allergen complete seal technology. Its dust cup capacity is 1.1 quarts, which is large enough to hold a lot of dust and debris.
Its suction power is extremely high, and to make it according to your preference, a suction release feature has been installed. From this feature you can adjust the volume of suction power to better suit your needs. It is recommended to lower the suction power for light rugs and fabrics.
Its lift away feature allows you to remove the canister from the motor so that you can cleans the hard to reach areas and extend your areas of cleaning. Tiny places are hard to clean and navigate and with the help of this vacuum you won’t have to worry about any dust being left behind.
● Best shark vacuum for hardwood floor and carpet.
● Lift away mode allows you to remove the canister.
● Easy to clean hard to reach areas.
● HEPA filter and anti allergen complete seal technology.
● Lightweight and portable.
● Swivel steering for easy maneuvering.
● Suction stopped working.
● Canister detachment is a little hard to do.
● Short power cord.
Buying Guide for Best Shark Vacuum For Hardwood Floors
Now you have followed up till this point. Knowing all the features of all the best shark vacuum for a hardwood floor is not just the end. Getting a full guide on the considerations before buying a vacuum cleaner is quite essential. You need to purchase the kind of vacuum cleaner that will soothe your cleaning preferences. So, there are several factors that you need to put into consideration before deciding on buying any of the shark vacuum for hardwood floor. Below are some of the categories that you should look out for before placing your order. These factors are:
- The length of the cord
- Look out for the brand and its model
- Check for the shape and size
- The type of vacuum is also necessary such as upright, handheld, slim, etc.
- Confirm the price
- Its storage capacity
- Check its weight. Depending on the area or surface you are working on
- Confirm its filter and portability
- Know if it is a bagless or bag attachment vacuum.
Main Features of Shark Vacuum
As soon as you have decided on all these facts, the following step is to check out for the quality features of the vacuum. Make sure the features are exactly what will make your cleaning easy for you. This depends on you, the user.
Cordless or Cord?
If you need a cordless cleaner or not, it is your choice. For the sake that you would prefer a cordless vacuum, here are some things you should consider. Immediately you finish cleaning with the vacuum, return it to its charging spot. Note that cordless vacuum tends not to last longer than those with cords though very light in weight and has more convenient storage. A news of vacuum clear here.
If you want the one with a power cord, fine, all you need do is decide the length you want the wire to reach. If you are the type that has stairs at home, decide on the one that can make you move up and down the stairs without much stress.
It should also be noted that vacuums having cords are considered more potent than cordless vacuums. But you need to plug it into different outlets to do a thorough cleaning in the home.
Bagless or Bag?
Like said earlier, the decision is up to you. You have to consider whether you want a bag or bagless vacuum cleaner. Just know that there are advantages and disadvantages to everything.
A vacuum with a bag can hold more dirt and dust than a bagless vacuum. For a bagless vacuum cleaner, you would need to buy lots of replaceable bags. Note that you would need to learn how to replace a bag on your vacuum cleaner.
If you love a bagless vacuum, then you must learn how to clean the canister regularly, to save yourself from buying extra bags, you need to maintain the canister.
Washing and Cleaning the Canister:
It is a fact that you want your vacuum cleaner to last long for you. So, you would need to wash it at least once a month. You don’t need to be scared of cleaning your canister because there is no harm in doing that. But make sure it dries up before you replace it to its place.
In summary, every needful detail has been dished out. All you need to do is take your time to consider the type of Shark vacuum cleaner that you think will fit in your preferences. The list of best Shark vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors has it all. Explore and have a neat floor always. Make sure you place your order with trusted vendors, so you don’t end up having your money spent buying a less quality vacuum cleaner.
All of these products were selected from the best and you can easily find them on Amazon and get them delivered on your doorstep within a short time. Shark is one of the leading brands that make home appliances and have greatly made our life easier by helping us in our everyday life.
Their cleaning appliances have changed the meaning of ease, with their wide range of vacuum products, you can find the vacuum best suited to your needs and depending on the amount of space you have to cover. Shark vacuum can be used for both hardwood floor and carpet, making your chore a lot easier.