Every homeowner with either a big or small garden or grass field should have a portable lawn with an even surface. Not having the right equipment may lead to not keeping the lawn in its best shape. A lawnmower with lovely features is the best for either small, medium, or large-sized lawn. However, if handling a lawn mower is hard for you, don’t worry about yourself. This article is a review of the best steering wheel zero-turn mower. It contains all you are supposed to know about steering wheel zero-turn mowers, features, pros, and cons, plus a buyer’s guide. Read on to discover more.[wptb id=3357]
Best Steering Wheel Zero-Turn Mower Review
Here we review top 3 best steering wheel zero-turn mower review of 2020
1. Craftsman Z525 Zero Turn Gas Powered Lawn Mower
Features of Craftsman Z525 Zero Turn Gas Powered Lawn Mower
- Durable gas engine with auto choke
- 46 inches wide cutting deck with a self-wash system
- Mow-in-reverse feature
- Easy 360 turning radius
- High-back supportive seat for the user
- Mows grass efficiently with good balance
- The lawnmower can be turned easily up to 360 degree
- Durable gas engine for high performance and reduced noise
- Soft and ergonomic seats for comfort while operating
- The lawnmower is quite expensive
2. Husqvarna Z254 54 in. 26 HP Kohler Hydrostatic
If you need a steering wheel zero turn mower with great performance and style, Husqvarnaâ€™s Z200 series of zero-turn mowers are here for you. It has a perfectly designed cutting edge. This lawn mower is recommended for its high performance. Also, its modern features altogether make it a standard lawn mower. It is made with a 54 inches durable steel cutting deck. The Husqvarnaâ€™s Z200 is powered by a 26 HP Kohler engine. The best of all features is its easy maintenance system.
Features of Husqvarna Z254 54 in. 26 HP Kohler Hydrostatic
- Air induction mowing technology
- Sharp break to automatically start and stop the engine
- 26 HP Kohler engine for maximum speed and easy start
- Durable reinforced steel stamp grass cutting deck
- Capacity to mulch or bag debris
- Standard brand and powerful 23-hp Kawasaki motor
- Nicely padded ergonomic seats
- Large fuel capacity
- Easy user control and ergonomic handles
- 54-inches cutting deck
- Good for larger lawns too
- The lawnmower is expensive
3. Ariens 915223 IKON-X 52″
Ariens 915223 IKON-X 52″ is one of the steering wheel zero turn mowers that you don’t want to miss. It features a 23 hp/726 cc Kawasaki FR V-Twin Engine52â€ constructed deck that is 4Â½ inches deep. Also, it is made of 10 gauge steel high-back padded seats with soft armrests. Its engine offers great performance for efficient grass cutting. Its pros are more considerable than the cons. So, it’s a good lawn mower to invest in.
Features of Ariens 915223 IKON-X 52″
- Standard 23HP/726cc Kawasaki FR Series Engine
- Metal grass cutter screen to guide against debris
- Dual Hydro-gear ZT-2200
- Hydrostatic drive system
- Wheel motor for easy operations
- Adjustable cutting height
- 52-inch triple blade mower deck
- Tough and excellent for lawn mowing
- Kawasaki engine is built to work in large lawn
- 52 inches zero turn mower
- Easy handling and maintenance
- Spring under the seat may cause riding inconveniences
- No headlights
- No steady on a rough lawn
Buying Guide for Best Steering Wheel Zero Turn Mower
Here are a few features and factors that you need to check out when planning to invest in your preferred best steering wheel zero turn mower. Of course, you want your best zero-turn mower to last long for you. So you need to watch out for these factors.
1. Motor Power
The power of a zero turn mower makes a huge difference when it comes to finding the best for your usage. Machines with large cutting decks of about 42 to 61 inches could be the best for you. However, it depends on the models of your choice. A powerful motor is needed to move the blades a d make a perfect cut. The larger your lawn, the more horsepower engine needed for the work.
2. Cutting Deck Width
Having a sturdy and powerful motor is not enough. There is a need to balance it with the appropriate cutting deck for the best performance. Using a smaller cutting deck could cost you more time working on the lawn. 42 inches cutting deck is preferred for average lawns, while 61 inches deck is best for larger ones.
Check for an ideal zero-turn mower with a hydrostatic transmission. The ones on our review list are made with this feature. A lawnmower with hydrostatic tranny makes use of hydraulic fluids for switching its gears and transmit power to the drive shafts. Zero-turn mowers with the hydrostatic feature can withstand hard conditions, and do not get weak when used for longer hours. Alongside, check for a durable clutch that does not need frequent servicing as your regular transmission.
4. Fuel Tank Capacity
Look for a steering wheel zero turn mower with a large fuel tank capacity. Of course, you don’t want to stop your work halfway to refill your tank. Select a model that can contain at least 10-gallons, this can take you over a 5acres size lawn. Also, check for a good fuel filter.
Leave a Reply